Our Core Values
- Worship as a priority: We live to worship God joyfully and gratefully for who He is and for all He has done.
(John 4:23,24) God’s Word as the final authority for life: We seek to grow through the consistent application of scripture to our lives, our attitudes and our relationships. (1 Peter 2:2)
- Spirit Filled Witness to our world: We seek to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through personal witness, evangelistic endeavors as a church and through church planting both at home and abroad. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Fellowship: As an interdependent people, we understand the value of meeting together as a corporate body and in smaller groups to bear one another’s burdens. (Heb 10:24,25)
- Giving and Stewardship: We recognize that all our material possessions are a gift from God given to further His work and glory in the world. We value giving our financial resources to further the ministries of the church through tithes and offerings. (2 Corinthians 8:7)
- Commitment to service: The Holy Spirit gives each of us abilities to serve one another, the church at large, and the community in which we live. Discovering and developing those gifts to serve others is our constant aim. (Galatians 5:13,14)
- The Scripture Inspired
The Bible is the inspired Word of God to men; the infallible rule of faith and conduct, and is superior to conscience and reason. but not contrary to reason (II Timothy 3: 15,16; I Corinthians 2: 13; I Peter 2:2).
- The One True God
The One true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent, self-revealed “I AM” and has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association. ie. as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
(Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29; Isaiah 43:10,11; Matthew 28:19; Galatians 3:20).
- Man, His Fall And Redemption
The creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total depravity and inability to attain to Divine righteousness. Man’s only hope is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (Genesis 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21).
- Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour Of Man
The Saviour of men, the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very man.
(Luke 1:30-35; John 1:18; Isaiah 9:6).
- The Salvation Of Man
The grace of God, which brings salvation, hath appeared to all men, through the preaching of repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ; man is saved by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost, and, being justified by grace through faith he becomes an heir of God according to the hope of eternal life.
(Titus 2:11; Romans 10:8-10,13-15; Luke 24:47; Titus 3:5-7).
The salvation of sinners by grace alone, through faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the Cross of Calvary, by which we secure remission of sins and eternal life. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12,22; Romans 5:1). The Gospel of the grace of God, how that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day for our justification. (I Corinthians 15: 1-4; Romans 4:25).
- Baptism In Water
The water baptism of believers by immersion in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost according to Scripture. (Matthew 28: 19; Acts 8:37-38; 10:47-48; 19:5; Romans 6:4).
- Baptism Of The Holy Spirit
The baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the scriptural evidence, namely, speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; 2:1-4; 38-39; 8:13-17; 10:44-47; 11:15-17; 19:1-7).
- The Gifts Of The Spirit
The gifts of the Spirit as enumerated and practiced as manifest in the early church.
(I Corinthians Chapters 12-14; Acts 5:12-16).
- Living The Christian Life
The Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world, and the perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith. (Ephesians 5: 18 ; II Corinthians 6:147:1).
- The Church
Christ is building His Church, the called out ones that gather in His name and a spiritual work takes place. The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission to go into all the world and make disciples of every nation. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the General Assembly and the Church of the first born, which are written in heaven.
(Matthew 16:18; 28:19; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:22; Hebrews 12:23).
- The Ministry Of The Church
A divinely-called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for a two-fold purpose:
(1) The evangelisation of the world
(2) The direction for the edifying of the Body of Christ. (Matthew 29:19; Mark 16: 15-20; Matthew 24: 14; Ephesians 4: 11-16).
- Divine Healing
The healing of the body by divine power, or divine healing in its many aspects as practiced by the early church. This was provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of all believers.
(Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:16-17; Acts 3:1-22; 4:30; James 5:14-15).
- The Lord’s Supper
The Lord’s memorial, commonly called Communion, for believers. (1 Corinthians 11 :23-32).
- The Second Coming Or Blessed Hope
The bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His enthronement, His personal coming for His church (those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord which is the blessed hope of the church), then there will be the general resurrection and the final judgment. (Luke 24:15; Ephesians 1:20; Acts 7:54-58; Hebrews 1:3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; I Corinthians 15:51-58; Revelation 11:15).
- The Millennial Reign Of Jesus
The revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ from heaven, the salvation of national Israel, and the millennial reign of Christ on the earth is the scriptural promise and the world’s hope. (II Thessalonians 1:7; Revelation 19:11-14; 20:1-7; Romans 11:26-27).
- The Reality And Personality Of Satan
Satan has many names in Scripture and is real with a personality. (Job 1 :6 -3: 1 ; II Corinthians 11: 14).
- Destiny Of Every Person
The eternal life of the believer (John 5:42; 10:28), and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever.
(Mark 9:43,48; II Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20: 10-15).
- The New Heavens And The New Earth
We, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (1 Peter 3: 13).
- The Sovereign Autonomous Government Of The Local Church
We believe in the indigenous church, which has within itself all it needs to fulfill the commission of the Church. That is the raising up, ordaining, and releasing of workers for the harvest field, and the taking care of any problems arising within the Body. (Matthew 18:17; Acts 6:1-8; 15:22; I Corinthians 16:12).